Man ‘Cements’ Head Inside Microwav…

Man ‘Cements’ Head Inside Microwave

Dec. 7, 2017 – An internet “prankster” had to be freed by firefighters after cementing his head inside a microwave oven.

West Midlands Fire Service said it took an hour to free the man after they were called to a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton.

Friends had managed to feed an air tube into the 22-year-old’s mouth to help him breathe, the service said.

Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said the man “could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured”.

Mr Dakin said: “He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave.

"The oven was being used as a mould and wasn’t plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they’d already been trying to free him for an hour and a half.”

Crews from the technical rescue team helped with taking the microwave apart, he added.

“It took us nearly an hour to free him,” added Mr Dakin.