STOP!! STOP!! STOP!!
Wyoming is a big state, yet it is the least populous state in the Union.
Wyoming only has 3 legislators: 2 Senators and a Congressperson. It is also one of the reddest, most conservative states in the Union. All 3 seats are taken up by hardline, Trump supporting Republicans.
We have Senator John Barrasso (@SenJohnBarrasso on Twitter).
He looks alright, but he is a climate change denying homophobe that gets paid big bucks by fossil fuel companies. He’s also Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
He has. NOT. ONCE.
- Voted against Trump Policy
- Condemned the detained and separated families
- Stood up for #BlackLivesMatter
- Supported Women’s reproductive rights
- Legislated for pay equality
- Advocated LGBTQ marriage equality, much less LGBTQ workplace and housing protections
He is up for re-election this year.
I know what you’re asking. It’s probably some variant of
- Not my state, why should I care?
- Wyoming’s too red, can anyone help that?
- No Democrat could win that seat against an incumbent. Why bother?
- Why are you asking tumblr?
I’ll tell you why!
Here’s who’s running for the Senate seat.
Please meet, Gary Trauner.
He’s somewhat moderate as far as Democrats go, but that’s probably what could win him a seat.
He’s astonishingly progressive even on gun rights!
- He supports equal marriage and LGBTQ workplace and housing protections
- He supports green energy alternatives
- He stands up for police de-escalation training
- He promotes increased spending in schools
- He promises Women’s reproductive rights as well as universal pay equality.
Now here’s how you can help.
Gary Trauner (@TraunerForWY on Twitter) is only taking small donations, so he’s up against a lot of PAC money to get his message out. The bright side is that because Wyoming is small in population, every dollar ($$$) means more.
If you’re a US citizen you can donate any amount you can up to $2,700 (not entirely correct on that, but it doesn’t matter. We’re millenials and GenZers. We ain’t got that kind of money) at this link! If the link is broken, here’s the URL. (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/trauner)
You may not be able to vote for him, but any money counts to help change the Senate. #BlueWave
THANKS FOR READING!
PLEASE REBLOG TO CHANGE AMERICA FOR THE BETTER!