What… Was… the… Plan…
A German tourist was trampled to death in a national park in Zimbabwe after trying to get closer to an elephant to take a picture.
The incident happened at the Mana Pools National Park in Zimbabwe on September 26, a wildlife conservation area that’s highly popular for game-viewing. The 49-year-old woman was in a group of tourists crossing the park in a vehicle, when they came upon a herd of elephants. While it’s not clear what actions she took once near the elephant or if she provoked it in some way, authorities do know that she exited the vehicle to get closer to the animal to take pictures, at which point she was attacked. She eventually died from her injuries later that day.
Tinashe Farawo, a spokesman for the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority, said that park visitors are warned when entering to keep a proper distance from all animals when in the park. Elephant attacks kill about 600 people every year and are relatively common in Zimbabwe. It’s an unfortunate reminder that we must show wild animals the utmost respect and caution when photographing them.
ONLY IN FLORIDA
A man concerned that he had been rooked by a methamphetamine dealer contacted Florida police and asked them to test his drugs and “press charges” against the dealer if he had “been given the wrong narcotics,” according to an arrest report.
On Tuesday afternoon, Douglas Peter Kelly, 49, called the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office and told a deputy that he had a “violent reaction” after smoking what he thought was “speed.” Kelly told cops that he believed that the drug in question was actually Flakka, the notorious synthetic stimulant.
After speaking with cops, Kelly drove to the sheriff’s office “because he wished to have the illegal narcotics tested.” Kelly subsequently provided cops with a piece of aluminum foil that contained a “clear, crystal-like substance.”
A field test of the substance provided by Kelly resulted in a “positive reaction for the presence of methamphetamine,” police reported. While perhaps relieved that his dealer was not cheating him, Kelly’s mood likely changed when police arrested him on a felony narcotics possession charge.
Seen above, Kelly was booked into the county jail, from which he was released last night after posting $2500 bond.
Ingenious or Darwin Awards?
Dec. 7, 2017 – An internet “prankster” had to be freed by firefighters after cementing his head inside a microwave oven.
West Midlands Fire Service said it took an hour to free the man after they were called to a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton.
Friends had managed to feed an air tube into the 22-year-old’s mouth to help him breathe, the service said.
Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said the man “could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured”.
Mr Dakin said: “He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave.
"The oven was being used as a mould and wasn’t plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they’d already been trying to free him for an hour and a half.”
Crews from the technical rescue team helped with taking the microwave apart, he added.
“It took us nearly an hour to free him,” added Mr Dakin.
This one’s a team effort.
In order to increase their Youtube channel following, a man convinced his wife to shoot a book held to his chest, believing it would stop the round. Against the pleas of friends & family, and presumably deeming a test unnecessary, he held a hardcover encyclopedia, while his wife shot at him with a .50-calibre Desert Eagle. She was perfectly on target.